Workers’ Compensation Lawyer San Diego, CA

Chula Vista Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

We handle SSD cases, longshore claims and work injuries

When you’re hurt on the job, you need a Chula Vista workers’ comp attorney who understands what you’re going through. Our legal team has been helping people dealing with serious injuries sustained on the job for more than 30 years. Attorney Robert A. McLaughlin knows the city and understands how the legal system works here. That’s why he is eager to meet with you.

One of the most beautiful and fastest growing cities in California, Chula Vista has become a popular tourist destination in recent years. Places like Aquatica, OnStage Playhouse and other locations attract thousands of people to Chula Vista every year. Chula Vista’s also home to the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center, where many Olympic athletes train year-round.

Wherever you work in Chula Vista, you can count on a workplace injury attorney at Robert A. McLaughlin, APC every step of the way. We work with people dealing with a wide range of legal cases, so please feel free to contact our law firm if you need an attorney for cases involving:

You have rights. We can fight for them. That’s why it’s critical that you talk with an attorney at Robert A. McLaughlin, APC as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more difficult your case may become in the future.

Why do I need a Chula Vista workers’ compensation lawyer?

When you’re recovering from a work injury, the last thing you want is to have to deal with the workers’ compensation system on your own. Workers’ compensation claims in California are complex, and insurance companies know how to use the process to their advantage. The sooner you get an experienced attorney on your side, the better your chances of successfully navigating the system. Your lawyer can keep your claim moving forward and advocate for your rights while you focus on your health.

What should I do if I’m hurt at work in Chula Vista?

First, report the injury to your employer – that means you need to tell your manager or supervisor, not just a coworker. The law says you have up to 30 days to make this notification, but it’s in your best interests to do it as soon as possible, and to put it in writing so that you have a record. Second, get prompt medical attention, and be sure to tell the doctor about all your symptoms. Third, contact a workers’ compensation attorney to start the process of filing for workers’ comp – again, while you legally have up to a year to do this, it’s best to act sooner.

Are all work injuries covered by workers’ compensation in California?

For the most part, yes. California law requires all employers to carry workers’ compensation insurance for all their employees. There is no waiting period for this benefit; you are eligible for workers’ comp on your first day of work. However, you must be an employee, not an independent contractor or freelancer. You’re covered as long as you were on the job when the injury happened – whether at your workplace or doing something for your employer off-site – unless one of very few specific exceptions applies.

What does workers’ compensation cover?

If you’re hurt on the job, workers’ compensation covers all your reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to the work injury: surgery, medical procedures, physical therapy, medication, and so on. It also partially replaces your lost wages if you are unable to work due to the injury. However, insurance companies may dispute what is “reasonable and necessary” or whether you are really unable to work. You need an attorney on your side to advocate for the full compensation you need and deserve.

Can filing for workers’ compensation affect my job?

It shouldn’t. California law prohibits employers from retaliating against employees who file workers’ compensation claims in good faith. Workers’ compensation insurance is a cost of doing business, and we’re usually able to resolve workers’ comp claims by working directly with the insurance company, with limited involvement on the part of the employer after the initial report of injury. However, if your employer does retaliate, your attorney can take steps to protect your rights.

We’re here for you every step of the way. Contact our Chula Vista law firm.

Discover what a dedicated workers' compensation attorney can do for you. Contact Robert A. McLaughlin, APC and schedule your free case review at our Chula Vista office today. You can find directions to our Third Avenue office listed below.

Directions to our Chula Vista, CA office:

From the North

Head south on Interstate 805 South.
Use the right lane to take Exit 7C toward E Street.
Take E Street to 3rd Avenue/Third Avenue.
Merge onto Bonita Road.
Continue onto E Street.
Turn left onto Garrett Avenue.
Turn left onto F Street.
Turn right onto Landis Avenue.
Turn left at the fork. Our office will be on the left.

From the South

Head north on Interstate 805 North.
Use the right 2 lanes to take Exit 7 toward E Street.
Keep right at the fork, following signs for H street.
Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto E H Street.
Turn right onto 3rd Avenue/Third Avenue.
Turn left onto W Madrona Street.
Turn right. Our office will be on the right.

From the East

Head north on California 125 North.
Take exit 12A to merge onto CA-54 W
Take exit 1D for Highland Ave toward 4th Ave.
Turn left onto Highland Avenue.
Continue onto N 4th Avenue.
Turn left onto F Street.
Turn right onto Landis Avenue.
Turn left at the fork. Our office will be on the left.

From the West

Head southeast on Bay Blvd toward Bayshore Bikeway/Lagoon Drive.
Turn left onto F Street.
Turn right onto Landis Avenue.
Turn left at the fork. Our office will be on the left.

Robert A. McLaughlin, APC
310 3rd Ave
Suite C 27
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Phone: (619) 346-4486